- aWhy are you reading the classifieds? What do you need?
- bI'm looking for a bookcase, but I don't want to buy a new one.
- aAre you having any luck?
- bNot really. There aren't any used bookcases listed. But there are a few rummage sales on Saturday. I think I'll go to them.
- aDo you mind if I go with you?
- bNot at all. These private sales are great places to bargain. And sometimes you can find terrific things among all the junk.
- aI learned to negotiate from my mother. I thought I was pretty good at bargaining, but I had a problem the other day at Kimble's Department Store.
- bWhat happened?
- aI wanted to buy a beautiful wool sweater for my girlfriend. It was priced at forty dollars, so I started by offering the salesclerk thirty.