- aHave you had a chance to look over the contract?
- bYes. I've read it carefully.
- aAnd do you have any questions?
- bNo. But the contract stipulates that I will teach 22 hours a week.Will you have thatmany classes for me right away?
- aNo, probably not. For the first two weeks you may teach 10 or 15 hours.
- bBut my salary will be 1100 dollars a month.Will you pay me that much for the first month?Because, I mean, I won't be working so many hours.
- aI understand. That's why I didn't write the date on the contract.For the first two weeks, we will pay you according to the hours you teach.When you have 22 hours of classes, then the contract will take effect.Is that alright with you?
- bOh, so I don't sign the contract today. Is that right?
- aI don't want you to misunderstand, Miss Briggs.We are very serious about hiring you. We want you to teach for us.We usually do contracts this way because it is more convenient.
- bI can accept that.
- aGood. And your benefits will begin immediately.
- bEven my health insurance?
- aYes. We will apply for your health insurance tomorrow.And your free membership in the club starts today if you like.
- bI have a few questions about the free membership.
- aWhat would you like to know?
- bIs my membership the same as paying club members?I mean, can I get discounts at club hotels?
- aAbsolutely. The only difference is in the restaurant and bar vouchers.
- bWhat are bar vouchers?
- aPaying club members get around 300 dollars a year in restaurant vouchers.The vouchers can be used in the restaurant or the lounge.But we don't offer vouchers to employees.
- bBut according to the contract, employees get a discount in the restaurant.
- aThat's right. So in a way, it is cheaper for you than for the members.You get more benefits than they do.
- bSo, for now, you want me to keep a copy of the contract.But we won't sign it yet. Isthat right?
- aYes. I've prepared the contract just so that you understand everything.So that you understand the terms.
- bI understand.And according to the terms on the contract, I am happy to accept this job.I look forward to it.
- aI'm very pleased. We look forward to having you here, Miss Briggs.